Monday 26 March 2007

New Future Music review

Future Music Review of new Cathedral Oceans DVD

9 out of 10

Cathedral Oceans is an ongoing project that stretches back many years and explores ambient sound, washes of reverberated vocals and strings like no other. But it's also been an audio-visual exhibition, from which this DVD essentially comes.
Each ethereal - and that word exists solely for Cathedral Oceans, believe me - track is accompanied by photos that evolve, blend and merge beautifully to take the original's listening experience to new levels of emotion. Great stuff.

1 comment:

gdahimself said...

It is lamentable that you haven't yet received any comment thus far.

Although I bought the first CD some time ago my renewed interest has me investigating it further.

The third CD at Amazon.com (US) is listed as discontinued and being sold by third party seller for $169.00

They do remind me of some of Brian Eno's ambient but a bit more sweet and romantic.

I wonder in commenting this late is as useful as writing on the wind?